“… it is critical to women’s work life balance. Just to draw the analogy in a business context, shared values is about the culture of the organisation. In your marriage or your partnership, it’s really about being on the same page as your partner.”
Nicolette speaking to Judy via Zoom, March 2021
Nicolette is a non-executive director in the wealth management industry, with board positions in a number of leading companies including UniSuper, Zurich Australia Limited, OnePath Insurance, Class Limited, CBHS Health Fund and SuperEd.
In 2020, Nicolette became a Director of Greenpeace Australia Pacific Limited.
She was President of the Actuaries Institute in 2019 and was previously a director of ASFA for eight years.
Prior to her board career, Nicolette held three General Manager roles at CBA/ Colonial First State spanning 14 years as well as senior positions at BT Funds Management and Towers Perrin prior to that.
Nicolette is a qualified actuary, holds an executive MBA from the AGSM and is a graduate of AICD.
She is author of the book “Not Guilty”, a guide for career mums. In 2014 she was named one of the top 10 “most powerful part-timers”. She is married to Jonathan Rubinsztein and they have three daughters.
- Nicolette's website
- McKinsey 7S framework
- Rushing Womens Syndrome by Dr Libby Weaver
- Robert Waldinger's TED Talk re money doesn’t make you happier
- The 100 Year Life
- Jack Welch’s book Winning (the chit system)
- Michael Kimmel's TED Talk re why men should share domestic duties
- Reshma Saujani's TED Talk - Teach Girls Bravery not Perfection TED 2016
- WGEA - Women's Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Other Unpaused episodes that focus on choosing the right partner and how this affects your career:
- Ep 30: Emily Brooks
- Ep 33: Michelle May